Work Skills Development
These workshops help Duke employees build valuable work skills and improve individual performance. You can register for classes through the Duke Learning Management System (LMS). Just click on the "Category" link on the LMS homepage, then select "Career and Work Specific Skills."
Available Classes & Workshops
- Changing Your Thoughts and Feelings to Drive Improved Performance
- Communicating with Diplomacy and Tact
- Fundamentals of Business Writing
- Ensuring Peak Performance Series #2: Fundamentals of Feedback *
- Ensuring Peak Performance Series #3: Fundamentals of Coaching *
- Fundamentals of Continuous Improvement
- Leading Through Understanding and Managing Yourself and Others
- Managing Difficult Work Relationships
- Managing Multiple Priorities for Improved Performance
- Notary Public
- Powerful Presentations
- Influencing Others for Improved Individual, Team and Organizational Performance *
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Creating and Sustaining Service Excellence at Duke
- Your Career at Duke (HR/ PDI)
For additional workshops covering immigration & visas (Duke Visa Services), environmental sustainability (Sustainable Duke), and online medical searches and more (Medical Center Library), please visit the Other Classes & Workshops link.
The Professional Development Institute is a center dedicated to providing tailored development programs to foster career growth for targeted employee groups and to support Duke's staffing needs. Professional development specialists, working with recruiters in Human Resources, will train, develop and help staff who aspire to be promoted or to transfer to new opportunities. More...
The Duke Leadership Academy offers emerging leaders from across the university the opportunity to participate in a unique 12-month development initiative based on the Fuqua/Coach K Center on Leadership & Ethics (COLE) leadership model. The curriculum includes a focus on leadership and management styles and behaviors to implement strategy. More...