These workshops provide Duke managers and leaders with critical skills for effectively managing the recruitment, performance, development, and retention of Duke employees. You can register for classes through the Duke Learning Management System (LMS). Just click on the "Category" link on the LMS homepage, then select "Supervision and Management Skills."
Available Classes & Workshops
- Assessing and Developing Plans for Improving Your Leadership Capability
- BrassRing Applicant Tracking Software
- Employment Best Practices (HR/Recruitment)
- Ensuring Peak Performance Series #2: Fundamentals of Feedback *
- Ensuring Peak Performance Series #3: Fundamentals of Coaching *
- Ensuring Peak Performance Series #4: Managing and Measuring Work *
- Grief in the Workplace (DUHS Bereavement Svcs) *
- Keys to Supervisory Success
- Leading Through Understanding and Managing Yourself and Others*
- Making Your Point: Effective Managerial Communications
- Moving from Peer to Supervisor
- Influencing Others for Improved Individual, Team and Organizational Performance *
- SAP Performance Management Tool for DUHS Managers
Manager Education/ Staff & Labor RelationsStaff & Labor Relations is planning to offer the following workshop series in FY13. Dates have not been set yet. To be notified once workshop dates have been finalized, please sign up for the L&OD email list through the Duke Mailing List Manager.
- Conducting Investigations
- Corrective Action
- Dispute Resolution
- Documenting Employee Performance
- Family Medical Leave Act - FMLA
* Workshops with an asterisk have a strong management application, but are open to all.