This Week at the Duke Farmer's Market
Friday, Aug. 28 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Outside the Searle Center:
- Visit our newest vendor for authentic handmade Italian pastas using organic ingredients – Melina’s Fresh Pasta!
- Stop by Rockabilly Farm for organic, pesticide and chemical fertilizer-free produce, jams, fermented items, and hand-crafted cutting boards.
- Pick up a recipe card for Chicken, Fig, and Barley Salad, plus this week's My Plate healthy eating tips.
- Purchase fresh products from 14 local farms and vendors including Hatcher's Harvest, Great Harvest Bread and Lyon Farms.
- Get lunch to-go from Cosmic Cantina, Pomegranate Kitchen or Makus Empanadas.
- Enter a drawing for a bag of fresh produce and local products.
On the Medical Center Greenway beside the Duke Medicine Pavillion:
- The Cancer Center Café will move outside for the Farmers' Market and will fire up the grill for lunch time and offer sandwiches, burgers and salads.
- NOSH will set up their grill with Angus beef burgers and portabella burgers, along with other snacks.
Find additional options for workplace or home produce box delivery with the Duke Mobile Farmers' Market.
Stay up-to-date on all Farmers' Market and LIVE FOR LIFE events with Working@Duke. Weekly Market updates are posted on Duke Today and special announcements can be found on the Working@Duke Twitter and Facebook pages.