This Week at the Duke Farmer's Market
Friday, Sept. 23 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Grab a free tote bag
LIVE FOR LIFE is handing out a limited number of Duke Farmers Market canvas bags. Come to the market early and sign in to receive one while they last!
Learn more about composting with Tilthy Rich
Composting is an efficient way of recycling food waste to promote healthy soil systems, conserve transportation resources, and reduce the amount of methane-producing waste created in landfills. The team at Tilthy Rich will be at the Farmers’ Market to demonstrate how the compost process works and to talk about their revolutionary composting program right here in Durham.
Outside the Searle Center:
- Enter a drawing for a bag of fresh produce and local products.
- Pick up a recipe card for Sweet Potato Hummus plus tips from your own LIVE FOR LIFE Dietitians
- Purchase fresh products from local farms and vendors including Great Harvest Bread Co. and Lyon Farms.
- Get lunch to-go from Makus Empanadas or Pomegranate Kitchen. In need of a vegan and/or gluten-free option? Soul Cocina has you covered.
On the Medical Center Greenway beside the Duke Medicine Pavillion:
- NOSH at JoRae Café will fire up the grill, offering angus beef and portabella burgers with a variety of toppings, including bacon jam, beets and guacamole.
Stay up-to-date on all Farmers' Market and LIVE FOR LIFE events with Working@Duke. Weekly Market updates are posted on Duke Today and special announcements can be found on the Working@Duke Twitter and Facebook pages.