This Week at the Duke Farmer's Market
Friday, Sept. 25 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
*Market canceled due to weather*
Support poverty alleviation with a simple and delicious lunch. Hunger Lunch will be at this week’s market serving beans, rice and cornbread in support of the efforts of Nourish International. Read more about the effort in this story.
Outside the Searle Center:
- Hunger Lunch will serve beans, rice and cornbread in support of the efforts of Nourish International.
- Looking for an organic produce option? Rockabilly Farm offers pesticide and chemical fertilizer-free produce, canned goods and hand-crafted cutting boards.
- Stop by Rockabilly Farm for organic, pesticide and chemical fertilizer-free produce, jams, fermented items, and hand-crafted cutting boards.
- Purchase fresh products from 14 local farms and vendors.
- Get lunch and a beverage to-go from Pomegranate Kitchen, Makus Empanadas or Sangha Teahouse.
- Enter a drawing for a bag of fresh produce and local products.
- Pick up a free, seasonal recipe card fand this week's MyPlate healthy eating tips.
On the Medical Center Greenway beside the Duke Medicine Pavillion:
- The Cancer Center Café will move outside for the Farmers' Market and will fire up the grill for lunch time and offer sandwiches, burgers and salads.
- NOSH will set up their grill with Angus beef burgers and portabella burgers, along with other snacks.
Stay up-to-date on all Farmers' Market and LIVE FOR LIFE events with Working@Duke. Weekly Market updates are posted on Duke Today and special announcements can be found on the Working@Duke Twitter and Facebook pages.