This Week at the Duke Farmer's Market
Friday, July 22 - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Summer Produce is in Full Swing - watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and squash are all here!
Make Your Thumb Green
Lyon Farms will be offering details this week on their "pick your own" program where you can visit their farm in Creedmoor to hand pick their fresh crop of tomatoes.
Find Fresh Seafood
Rockabilly Farm will highlight their new “Rock Box” with seafood caught Thursday to sell on Friday. This week's selections include:
- NC Flounder
- NC Snapper
- Faroe Island Scottish Salmon
- Large Sea Scallops
- Shrimp, Pamlico Sound 16/20's
- Yellowfin Tuna
Outside the Searle Center:
- Enter a drawing for a bag of fresh produce and local products.
- Pick up a recipe card for Summer Squash Bake and learn healthy eating tips from LIVE FOR LIFE dietitians.
- Purchase fresh products from local farms and vendors including Great Harvest Bread Co., Lyon Farms, and Triangle Seafood.
- Get lunch to-go from Makus Empanadas, Soul Cocina or Pomegranate Kitchen.
On the Medical Center Greenway beside the Duke Medicine Pavillion:
- NOSH at JoRae Café will fire up the grill, offering angus beef and portabella burgers with a variety of toppings, including bacon jam, beets and guacamole.
Stay up-to-date on all Farmers' Market and LIVE FOR LIFE events with Working@Duke. Weekly Market updates are posted on Duke Today and special announcements can be found on the Working@Duke Twitter and Facebook pages.